cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Physical Network Setup and Labels for mixed XenServer / KVM Infrastructure
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2019 15:57:16 GMT
Hi Melanie,

a) I assume you are planning on staying on single "Physical network" in ACS?
b) are you planning on reconfiguring your XenServer hosts at all (in sense
of networking) or just thinking adding KVM hosts and defining proper KMV
Traffic Label for each traffic type you have?

Makes sense to have all 4 traffic types targeting different Traffic Labels
(networks/bridges) - since later you can change your underlying
NICs/cabling infra to stick in more NICs as you suggested.
I assume zero difference on switch port configuration - VLAN is a VLAN,
whatever bridge/openvSwitch you use on hosts locally.

This would an interesting exercise anyway...

Cheers
Andrija

--

Andrija Panić