cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Physical Network Setup and Labels for mixed XenServer / KVM Infrastructure
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2019 10:54:46 GMT
Hi Melanie,

actually no need to have a separate "Physical Network", unless i.e. you
decide to use VXLAN or some SDN technology for network/tenant isolation for
Guest traffic.   Reason for that is since isolation method
(vlan/vxlan/etc.) is set per Physical network and affects all Traffic types
in it - but i.e. VXLAN is only supported with Guest traffic - so you end up
having 2 Physical networks, one with Mgmt/Public/Storage traffic, using
VLAN for isolation, while the other Physical Network is using VXLAN and you
only have Guest traffic on it.

I would assume it makes zero sense to change anything with XenServer now
and I support ditching it for KVM (my personal attitude...)

After you have prepared all the bridges/OpenVSwitches, just edit each of
the 4 Traffic types, to set "KVM Traffic Lable" to have the value as the
name of bridge / OpenvSwitch that will carry your traffic. Later add you
cluster etc...

One question though, why are you aiming to use OVS for KVM? i.e. why not
regular/default Linux bridge?

Cheers

--

Andrija Panić