cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Schaeffer <jschaef...@harmonywave.com>
Subject No cipher suites in common error when building on Ubuntu 18.04
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2019 01:37:38 GMT
Hey all,

I'm following the documentation for 4.12.0.0 [1] to build CloudStack from source on Ubuntu
18.04 and ran into an error during the build process. One of the tests failed with the following:

Test set: rdpclient.MockServerTest
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.276 s <<< FAILURE!
- in rdpclient.MockServerTest
testIsMockServerCanUpgradeConnectionToSsl(rdpclient.MockServerTest)  Time elapsed: 0.265
s  <<< ERROR!
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
    at rdpclient.MockServerTest.testIsMockServerCanUpgradeConnectionToSsl(MockServerTest.java:163)

<error message="Received fatal alert: handshake_failure" type="javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException">javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
Received fat$
    at rdpclient.MockServerTest.testIsMockServerCanUpgradeConnectionToSsl(MockServerTest.java:163)
</error>
    <system-err><![CDATA[Error in mock server: no cipher suites in common
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common
    at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:192)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1946)
    at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:316)
    at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:306)
    at sun.security.ssl.ServerHandshaker.chooseCipherSuite(ServerHandshaker.java:1127)
    at sun.security.ssl.ServerHandshaker.clientHello(ServerHandshaker.java:814)
    at sun.security.ssl.ServerHandshaker.processMessage(ServerHandshaker.java:221)
    at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:1037)
    at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:965)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1064)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1367)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1395)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1379)
    at streamer.debug.MockServer.run(MockServer.java:122)
]]></system-err>

I found a thread in the dev mailing list [2] talking about "no cipher suites in common". I'm
just wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this, or if I should even worry about
it? It is mentioned in the thread that this error shows up with JDK 1.8.0_201 and above and
I am using JDK 1.8.0_222.

[1] http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/4.12.0.0/installguide/building_from_source.html
[2] https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cloudstack-dev/201905.mbox/%3cVI1PR07MB511768B7135276032A3FFA55E90F0@VI1PR07MB5117.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com%3e

--