cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Riepl, Gregor (SWISS TXT)" <Gregor.Ri...@swisstxt.ch>
Subject Re: Limit network speed in per VM basis
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2019 14:28:06 GMT
Is this really applied to each VM?

I was under the impression that you could only limit network bandwidth on the network offering.

How is this implemented exactly? Does it limit the NIC speed of the individual VMs, or does
it only apply to external traffic on the VR?
________________________________
From: Andrija Panic <andrija.panic@gmail.com>
Sent: 14 November 2019 10:14
To: users <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Limit network speed in per VM basis

you can set network rate while creating the offering.
for existing offerings, you need to dig into the DB:

SELECT id FROM disk_offering WHERE NAME="<OFFERING-NAME-HERE>"
UPDATE service_offering SET nw_rate="200" WHERE id=<ID-FROM-ABOVE-HERE>

stop and start existing VMs to apply the new setting

--

Andrija Panić