cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Use of Github packages for hosting version specific maven packages?
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2019 09:52:50 GMT
Hi Marcus,

Thanks for testing, I should've mentioned that not all the 4.13.0.0 jar/pom artifacts have
been uploaded. I've pushed the cloud-engine artifact:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/packages/59489

I've pushed a few more artifacts, esp. those from plugins. For the next release, we can likely
put together a script that uploads all the jar artifacts except maybe the cloud-client jar.

Github packages should require authentication for pushing only, I checked in incognito mode
for example https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/packages/55880 (cloud-api) and I could download
the jar manually but not with the archetype sample/example (foo-plugin, https://github.com/mlsorensen/acs-plugin-archetype).
The only change I did was to explicitly state the repository in root pom.xml:
  <repositories>
        <repository>
            <id>github</id>
            <url>https://rhtyd@maven.pkg.github.com/apache/cloudstack/</url>
        </repository>
  </repositories>

Per this page: https://github.com/features/packages, packages for public repositories should
be accessible publicly. I have raised a ticket with Github support regarding this.

Regards,

Rohit Yadav

Software Architect, ShapeBlue

https://www.shapeblue.com