cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Fariborz Navidan <mdvlinqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Enabling promiscuous mode and forged transmits
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2019 14:42:51 GMT
Hello,

I want to be able to use a single secondary IP on two or more VMs but
secondary IPs only work on the VM it belongs to it. For this work, I guess
promiscuous mode and/or forged transmits should be enabled on the network.
For this I have modified the DB table network_offering_details and then
restarted the network but it still does not work.

When I reserve an IP on a VM and set it on the guest using command "ip addr
ad ...", it is reachable and works fine but if I delete the ip from that
guest and add it to another guest which secondary IP was not reserved for,
it is not reachable using this IP. It means looks like MAC addresses are
somehow bound to NIC MAC address.

I should notice tat I am running an advanced zone and shared network.and
security groups are enabled. Default egress policy is "Allow" and all
tcp/udp/icmp ingress traffic is allowed in the security groups.

But I am still not able to make a shared IP floating.

Please guide me through the right way.

Thanks