cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Dev and Users participation for Primate GA
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2020 14:05:02 GMT
All,

Primate Tech Preview is out [1] with the 4.14.0.0 release, and following our agreement and
vote [2][3] we need to work towards GA with 4.15 (next major release).
With this thread, I want to kick start a discussion and welcome your feedback on how our community
can work towards the GA.

On a high level, here is my proposal on how we can participate:

  *   For users:
     *   Test Primate Tech Preview in your environments, report bugs and missing features:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-primate/issues/new/choose
     *   Check and report translation issues, even submit translations. Similar to legacy
UI, the translations are key:values, the source of which is here: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-primate/tree/master/src/locales
Any translation contributions are welcome - https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-primate/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
  *   For developers:
     *   Work on 1.0-GA milestone issues, review/test/merge pull requests: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-primate/milestone/2
     *   Project board to track high-level tasks/participation: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-primate/projects/2
     *   Should we organise a weekly/bi-weekly SIG call until GA? Can you advise if you're
interested in participating?

Devs - over the last few months, I've been a major bottleneck mostly with testing and merging
pull requests. For a healthy community, I want to fix that we want more devs to join the effort
both as a contributor and a reviewer. Please advise what I can do to support and enable us?
Originally I had chosen VueJS so anybody can go out (and learn from much better resources,
for example https://vuejs.org/v2/guide/) themselves. Near future, I can try to write a small
guide or some developer docs on writing a feature in Primate - could that help?

Thoughts, feedback? Thanks.

[1] https://markmail.org/message/xftj2uyev4vjb536
[2] https://markmail.org/message/tblrbrtew6cvrusr
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Proposal%3A+CloudStack+Primate+UI