cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vincent Hermes <vincenthermes2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Domain Limits ignored
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2020 08:36:09 GMT
Hi Andrija,

I just tested if it intervenes at any other point after changing the settings but even if
the running ones are already exceeding the limits you can start all of your cheated machines
anyway.

Regards,
Vincent

On 2020/06/18 07:36:16, Vincent Hermes <vincenthermes2072@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrija,
>
> I have tested it on Cloudstack 4.11.3 and 4.14. Yes thats correct. The Settings tab of
a stopped VM is completely unaware of the Domain and User Limits if a custom offering is chosen.
You could eventually create 16 VMs with 1 core per VM to max out the Domain/Account Limit
and afterwards set all the CPUs and RAM to ridiculous levels. As long as the hosts are capable
of booting the VM with these parameters, cloudstack will not intervene when starting them.
So you could essentially have 16 VMs with 32 Cores each and thats fine.