cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vincent Hermes <vincenthermes2...@gmail.com>
Subject KVM Snapshot with Ceph
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2020 14:51:12 GMT
Hi Guys,

so we have built a Cluster with a few CentOS7 CS Nodes with KVM as the Hypervisor AND Ceph
as Primary Storage in a hyperconverged way and we got something interesting, maybe some of
you have an idea whats up with that. As KVM works with QCOW2 Image Format for its VMs, all
of the Storage Volumes and Templates are QCOW2 Files. However trying to take a Snapshot including
RAM ends with the error "We only support create vm snapshots from vm with QCOW2 image". Trying
a "virsh snapshot-create [vm-id]" brings us "error: unsupported configuration: internal snapshot
for disk vda unsupported for storage type raw". The qemu.log states "-drive [...] format=raw
[...]" and the according XML file of the VM of course says the same.

Do you have experience in getting Snapshots to work with KVM and Ceph in CS?

Many thanks in advance and best regards from Germany

Vincent