cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From rva...@privaz.io.INVALID
Subject Re: AW: Service Offerings and Host Tags
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2020 15:24:35 GMT
Hi Michael,

I have tried to add just one tag to the host and just one host tag to the service offering,
still I don't get it to work.

Do you use this feature? Anybody?

I wonder what is going wrong

R.

On Thu, 2020-11-12 01:45 PM, Rafael del Valle <rvalle@privaz.io.INVALID> wrote:
> Thanks Michael,
>
> Thanks for pointing to the PR.
>
> I started suspecting this when I saw the comma separated list of tags in cloudmonkey,
while the hosts tags are a list.

> However I have limited my Service Offering to a single host tag and I don't get it to
work.

> Perhaps I have to use also only one tag per host, or something.
>
> Regards
>
> On Thu, 2020-11-12 01:34 PM, " target="_blank">"Brussk, Michael" <Michael.Brussk@itelligence.de>
wrote:

> Hi Rafael,
> >
> > there is a bug, that only one host-tag can be used within service offerings.
> > But there is an open PR https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/4399 to address
this ;)

> > Regards,
> > Michael
> >

> > Michael Brußk
> > Administration - Network Services
> > GMS Cloud Infrastructure Services
> >

> > We Transform. Trust into Value
> >
> > itelligence Global Managed Services GmbH ▪ Breitscheidstrasse 48 ▪ 01237 Dresden
> > phone: +49 3591 2952 2555
> > e-mail: Michael.Brussk@itelligence.de
> >
> > http://www.itelligencegroup.com
> >

> > Wir halten Sie immer auf dem Laufenden!
> > Folgen Sie uns auf unseren Social Media Kanälen:
> > Xing LinkedIn Facebook Twitter
> >
> > Profitieren Sie vom Know-how unserer Experten – mit dem itelligence Infoservice!
Jetzt kostenlos registrieren!

> > itelligence Global Managed Services GmbH ▪ Sitz: Bautzen ▪ Handelsregister:
Amtsgericht Dresden, HRB 21356

those of hosts with a low power CPU, or SSD local storage, things like that.

> > I am using host tags both in the host and in the service offering.
> >
> > I am assuming that if a service offering is tagged a host with those tags will be
selected to schedule newly created VMs.