cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vivek Kumar <vivek.ku...@indiqus.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Bandwidth performance problem - Virtual Router
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2020 11:08:46 GMT
Hello David,

Can you check QoS on your VIF ( Virtual interface on your router ). So in XenServer QoS only
works for egress traffic, I hope it works the same way in XCP-NG also . So Whenever your VM
will initiate the traffic to outside of the world, First QoS on VM’s VIF will be applied
and then you packet will go via router, QoS of VIF on router will be applied. (So whichever
is less you will get the same)

So if necessary  you can create custom offerings for your router and compute offering  with
your desirable network rate and change the offering on your router and VM accordingly.  If
your offerings doesn’t have any network rate defined, then it will use what you have defined
in your global settings.

Vivek Kumar
Manager - Cloud & DevOps
IndiQus Technologies
24*7  O +91 11 4055 1411  |   M +91 7503460090
www.indiqus.com <http://indiqus.com/>

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system.
You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited unless proper authorization has been obtained for such action. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. Although
IndiQus attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that both
are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

> On 12-Nov-2020, at 4:26 PM, David González <david.gonzalez@jotelulu.com> wrote:
>
> Hi anybody,
>
> I would like to explain an strange behavior in our cloudstack platform.
>
> We are getting very bad results in the bandwith performance when a Windows virtual machine
is uploading o downloading any file from Microsoft OneDrive. After doing all test that we
are able to do, we believe that the problem is located in virtual router, but we are not sure.
For sample, using the same public IP assigned in a virtual router, directly to Windows server,
bandwidth performance is Good (around 15-20MBps). But using the same public IP in virtual
router, performance decrease to 500KBps. We used the same IP just to ensure that there was
not any block in Microsoft side. This only seems to happen connecting to OneDrive, not to
other sites.

<http://www.jotelulu.com/>  |  +34 911 333 710

> De Conformidad con el Reglamento General de Protección de Datos (UE) 2016/679 de 27
de abril del 2016, y además normativa de desarrollo, le informamos que sus datos de carácter
personal, cuya procedencia es directamente del interesado, con la finalidad de enviar comunicaciones
comerciales, administrativas o técnicas sobre nuestros productos y/o servicios, con la legitimación
de consentimiento del interesado, están siendo tratados por Jotelulu. Por favor, lea nuestra
Declaración de Privacidad.

> Mensaje producido y distribuidor por JOTELULU. © 2018, JOTELULU. Todos los derechos
reservados.