cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rakesh v <www.rakeshv....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with publishing and consuming events using rabbitmq
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2020 16:38:33 GMT
I did it in a different way but not using rabbitmq.

I wrote a separate application which calls listEvents every minutes and collects all the events
which can later fed into another rabbitmq or Kafka or elk stack.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 09-Nov-2020, at 1:15 PM, Niclas Lindblom <niclas_lindblom@icloud.com.invalid>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would appreciate some help with setting up events to be consumed using AQMP. I have
limited knowledge with rabbitmq and have got to the following point

> 1. I have 2 cloudstack management servers (this is not a production environment)
>
> 2. I have configured both with the spring-event-bus-context.xml as per the 4.14 documentation
and my understanding is that there is no further software to be installed.

> 3. I have a rabbitmq server on a separate server and I can see the cloudstack-events
Exchange being created once I restart the management service

> 4. I have recreated the exchange as fanout and bound it to a queue
>
> I can’t see any events coming through when setting up a consumer using the basic python
code from rabbitmq’s tutorial, but if I publish an event using the same example code to
the same queue it does come through.

> Questions
>
> 1 Am I missing something in my configuration ?
>
> 2. What should I set the routing key to, with fanout out I believe the routing key is
ignored but for reference.

> 2. How can I confirm that messages are being sent from the server, the only evidence
I have is the exchange being created once the management service was restart

> 3. I can’t see anything pointing towards messages being sent in the management log,
should I ?

> The endgame here is to consume these events with a Stackstorm sensor to trigger automation,
any pointers would be appreciated