cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Adding IPv6 IP Prefix to existing SharedNetwork
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2020 08:59:24 GMT
On 30/11/2020 08:47, Hean Seng wrote:

> Now, I have no way to  add in IPv6 for existing shared networks .   I
> think many cloudstack users may experience the same issue .
>
> The hack is to manual Edit MySQL tables ?  but i am not really to do
> this except no other alternatives .

Yes, hacking the SQL table is currently the only way.

You will need to set the ip6cidr in the database and then make sure your
Router is sending out Router Advertisements.

But keep in mind that existing VMs won't get IPv6 by using this method.

The best way is to create a new shared network and then migrate
Instances to that new IPv6-enabled network.

Wido