cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Niclas Lindblom <niclas_lindb...@icloud.com.INVALID>
Subject Help with publishing and consuming events using rabbitmq
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2020 12:14:54 GMT
Hi,

I would appreciate some help with setting up events to be consumed using AQMP. I have limited
knowledge with rabbitmq and have got to the following point

1. I have 2 cloudstack management servers (this is not a production environment)

2. I have configured both with the spring-event-bus-context.xml as per the 4.14 documentation
and my understanding is that there is no further software to be installed.

3. I have a rabbitmq server on a separate server and I can see the cloudstack-events Exchange
being created once I restart the management service

4. I have recreated the exchange as fanout and bound it to a queue

I can’t see any events coming through when setting up a consumer using the basic python
code from rabbitmq’s tutorial, but if I publish an event using the same example code to
the same queue it does come through.

Questions

1 Am I missing something in my configuration ?

2. What should I set the routing key to, with fanout out I believe the routing key is ignored
but for reference.

2. How can I confirm that messages are being sent from the server, the only evidence I have
is the exchange being created once the management service was restart

3. I can’t see anything pointing towards messages being sent in the management log, should
I ?

The endgame here is to consume these events with a Stackstorm sensor to trigger automation,
any pointers would be appreciated

Thanks

Niclas