cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Craig Dunn <sendai...@googlemail.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Password reset for CentOS 8 Template
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2020 11:49:06 GMT
Hey,

I created a Centos 8 template a few months back for our cloudstack 4.11
install.

I made a few notes on the install, Not sure exactly what issue you were
having but mine was the script tried to run before network manager had
finished starting. Notes I made I pasted below, hope it helps

Centos 8 and above has changed the way in which its networking is handled.
The Network-Scripts has been deprecated and replaced with Network Manager
which handles all interfaces

This means that placing the Cloudstack password management script inside
/etc/init.d errors saying that Network Manager was not started. This is due
to the fact that the script runs on bootup and runs before Network Manager
starts so the password does not get changed.

If you try this you can see the error in /var/log/messages and you run:

cat messages | grep "password"

To resolve this we need to get the password change script to run after the
Network Manager service has started.

Navigate to /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d

Create a file called ifup-local

And paste the script inside the file

Thanks