cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Hean Seng <heans...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding IPv6 IP Prefix to existing SharedNetwork
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2020 09:55:21 GMT
Hi Wido

 It actually doesn't matter  if the existing VM does not get the IPv6 after
it has altered, as the time they existing VM registered ,  it does not have
IPv6 .  So it is understandable that new add-on  IPv6 feature doesn't take
effect.

>> The best way is to create a new shared network and then migrate
Instances to that new IPv6-enabled network.

But if creating new network ,  the New SharedNework need also IPv4 which
will be conflict with the existing GuestNework range that need ipv4.   If
creating new network that have other Ipv4, then  mean all existing VM have
to change New IPv4,  which a little bit  hard to explain to existing VM
user for reasons of adding IPv6 need change IPv4

--
Regards,
Hean Seng