cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing a host's password
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2020 22:02:23 GMT
The /etc/cloudstack/management/key file is the password which you need to
use to decrypt your db.cloud.encrypt.secret from the db.properties file (or
you might have it documented somewhere)
this " db.cloud.encrypt.secret " key is used then to encrypt/decrypt
various other data in DB

so use  " db.cloud.encrypt.secret " key   to decrypt your current password
from the DB - you certainly know it - so you can confirm this process works
then use it again ( db.cloud.encrypt.secret ) as a password to encrypt the
new host password ("input")

best,

--

Andrija Panić