cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Timm, Sean" <ST...@mailgo.com>
Subject RE: Entities
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2000 10:23:33 GMT
I believe problem #1 stems from a bug reported on the Xerces list yesterday
(that should be getting thrown into CVS sometime today).  The gist of it was
as follows:

   "Line 634 of BaseMarkupSerializer should be changed
    from

    if ( publicId != null )

    if ( publicId == null )

    and it should fix the problem you reported."

I've had several run-ins with problem #4 as well.  It would be nice to see
it fixed, but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

- Sean T.

-----Original Message-----
From: Armin Pfarr [mailto:apfarr@vipsurf.de]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2000 3:08 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Entities

Hi,

I still have problems with the entity-handling in Cocoon 1.6. dev. I got the
fresh sources from CVS today and did a complete rebuild. There are still
some problems. To get a better view, I attached the DTD, the Entities and
the Test-files to this mail.

1. When accessing the XML-file "test1.xml" which has no cocoon-PI's I get
the following Exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.xml.serialize.BaseMarkupSerializer.printDoctypeURL(BaseMarkupSeri
alizer.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.xml.serialize.BaseMarkupSerializer.unparsedEntityDecl(BaseMarkupS
erializer.java:638)
	at
org.apache.xml.serialize.BaseMarkupSerializer.serializeNode(BaseMarkupSerial
izer.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.xml.serialize.BaseMarkupSerializer.serialize(BaseMarkupSerializer
.java:385)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.formatter.HTMLFormatter.format(HTMLFormatter.java:80)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java, Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
	at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java)
	at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

<snip>

4. When specifying a Stylesheet URL starting with a slash (test4.xml),
Cocoon delivers an Exception again.

org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorException: Could not associate
stylesheet to document:  error reading
c:\temp\htdocs\doc\styles\default.xsl:
c:\temp\htdocs\doc\styles\default.xsl (Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad
nicht finden)

					//This means, the System cannot
determine the given path (arp)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.getStylesheet(XSLTProcessor.j
ava:178)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.process(XSLTProcessor.java:10
1)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java, Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
	at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java)
	at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

I think the path has just been added to the Document-directory instead of
doing a Path-translation

Armin