cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject XSP Woes
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 14:05:11 GMT
In my (fresh) install of Cocoon-1.7, I noticed a couple of things
about the XSP sample pages included.  Both were errors on my
estimation, and I was curious if somebody else ran into these
problems:

1) Cocoon always complained that the XSL stylesheet needs a
    version number (this is really XSL issue, but it comes up).
2) The First XSP Page (pure content version) doesn't seem to
    work properly--all the request information is not displayed
    (my assumption is that the XSP logic page is not called).
3) The namespace version works correctly, BUT when I click
    on "the servlet request library logicsheet" or "the utility library
    logicsheet" links, I get a "java.net.MalformedURLException:
    unknown protocol: resource" due to the following parameter:
    url=resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/request.xsl
4) Lastly, when I use JMeter with multiple threads (I ran it with 10
    and 20 threads) calling an XSP page, there was an intermittant
    problem with the SAX parser not parsing all the elements.

My setup is WinNT 4.0 SP 5, Tomcat 3.1, and Cocoon 1.7.  The
first three are annoyances, but the last one is a serious issue.
Before I can have my company deploy a site with hundreds of
users hitting the site simultaneously (its a web app, not site), this
issue needs to be cleared up.

If Cocoon uses only one SAX parser for all requests, than it will
undoubtedly run into issues.


Mime
View raw message