cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Claudio Sacerdoti Coen <sacer...@students.cs.unibo.it>
Subject Re: How do you pass non-breaking spaces?
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 09:03:16 GMT
On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 14:34:41 -0600, Mike Engelhart wrote:
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> > One problem I ran into with early prototypes, is that Cocoon converted
> > my &nbsp; elements to &amp;nbsp;

I know I'm becoming annoying, but I'll repeat another time:

In the XSLT reccomendation I read that the right solution should be to use

 <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"> text_not_to_be_quoted </sxl:text>

where text_not_to_be_quoted in your case should be &amp;nbsp;

The attribute was ignored in Cocoon 1.5
Using Cocoon 1.6.1 you get

    <?xslt-next-is-raw formatter-to-dom?>&amp;nbsp;

that is wrong and strange too.

I have had no possibility to test it in Cocoon 1.7 yet.

Does it work in the supposed way in Cocoon 1.7? If not, why not?
Or am I misunderstanding the XSLT reccomendation?

						Thanks in advance,
						       C.S.C.

P.S: I really do need this feature to generate valid MathML 2.0 markup,
 at least until it becomes a reccomendation (not before many months)

Real Name: Claudio Sacerdoti Coen
Graduating student at cs.unibo.it
Address: via del Colle n.6
	 S. Lazzaro di Savena (BO)