cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Melloni <br...@melloni.com>
Subject Re: Win98, cocoon, class not found
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 18:32:58 GMT
Thank you, you nailed it on the dot.  I replaced the Xerces 1.0.2 wth 1.0.1 and
the problem went away.  The windows version of 1.0.2 is definitely incomplete.

But a new problem popped up.  Now I get the error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
org.apache.cocoon.processor.ldap.LdapProcessor:  make sure the needed classes
can be found in the classpath (javax/naming/directory/DirContext).

I checked and found that DirContext.class is in jndi.jar.  So I put jndi.jar in
the classpath (by placing it in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext), but that now returns an
"Internal Server Error" when trying to access localhost/Cocoon.xml.  Could it be
that Cocoon is actually looking for an LDAP service to be running on my PC?  If
so, can you recommend one I can download?

bruno