Pardon my ignorance, but I'm very new to cocoon.  What is SAX?  Is it a part of cocoon, xalan or xerces, or is it an alternative to one of them.  I don't remember installing anything by that name on my Linux setup, and that one worked.

bruno

Jeff Maury wrote:

Bruno Melloni wrote:

I am not sure I get your point.  cocoon, xerces and xalan are all in the classpath.  What class do you think might be missing?
What's about the SAX files ?

Jeff

bruno

Jeff Maury wrote:

Bruno Melloni wrote:

I think I might have found a bug in the Win98 implementation, although I
hope I'm proven wrong.  I say this because I had no problem setting up
this configuration on a Linux box (although with versions of the
software that were 1-2 weeks older, but that shouldn't be relevant).

I am using Win98, JDK 1.2.2, JSDK 2.0, Apache 1.3.12, JServe 1.1, Cocoon
1.7, Xerces 1.0.2, Xalan 0.19.5.

I have setup all the pieces in the configuration and properties files as
I did with Linux (with appropriate changes for DOS paths) and attempted
to access http://localhost/Cocoon.xml.  Cocoon has clearly begun loading
(obviously from the cocoon.jar) but generated an error screen saying
that it can't find the org.apache.cocoon.transformer.XalanTransformer
class, which after checking I found in the cocoon.jar itself!!!

I am clearly having some sort of classpath problem, although I have the
proper wrapper.classpath statements for cocoon, xerces and xalan in
jserv.properties.  Any ideas?

In JDK 1.2.x, having a class in the classpath is not enougth, you also must have all classes used  by this class in the classpath, otherwise, the class can not load.
Here is an example

public class A
{

  private void oneMethod() {
    B obj;
  }
}

If class B is not in the class path, even if the oneMethod is not called, the A class cannot be loaded. This was not true in JDK 1.1, an exception would be thrown when the method will be called but the class can be loaded.

Best regards
Jeff

bruno

Jeff MAURY