cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Steep on the XSL/XSP learning curve
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2000 20:11:13 GMT
On Sun, 4 Jun 2000, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Except when your browser checks the page first with a HEAD request, then
> does a GET request. The parameter is not available for some reason when
> responding to a HEAD request. See HEAD/GET Bug, Cocoon-Dev.
>
> Still trying to find a work around and a reason for this :(

I just checked in a workaround for this - I added the HTTP method to the
Utils.encode method so that HEAD and GET (and POST) methods are cached
independently. See if that helps out. I don't _think_ this will break
anything since I didn't see anything in the code that relies on the
encoded string having a particular format, but I could be wrong.

Now as to why the querystring parameters aren't getting parsed when a HEAD
request is received - I dunno. Seems like a problem with the servlet
engine, honestly.

- donald