cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michele Bianchi <...@aesthetica.it>
Subject Re: SQL-Null-Pointer-Exception!!!!!!!!!
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2000 11:12:20 GMT
On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Donald Ball wrote:

> FYI, I use this technique extensively. Instead of saying something like
> this:
>
> <sql:execute-query>
>  ... blah blah driver etc blah ...
>  <sql:query>select id,name from employee_table</sql:query>
> </sql:execute-query>
>
> i say something like this:
>
> <employees:list/>

yep!  but i have another kind of problem... i need to restart the jserv to
"recompile" the .xsl (the namespace, is it correct?) and in the devel phase
it's a pain.  any suggestion?

back to db pool.  now i'm trying a simple db pool.  a stupid vector and a get
and put function for dbconnection.  probably i'll need something more for
statement and preparedstatement, but, you know, i need a starting point.  my
idea is to branch a "debug-version" of sql tag lib that "get" the dbconnection
from the pool.  that let me to speedup devel before "freeze" and use your
technique.

the sql tag lib is so flexible for the initial stages of developing.  now i
have 3 prototype and each one uses their db (dburl, user, passwd).  my target
is to create the db pools in the config file, than access with the sql tag lib
through a "connection name".

what do you think about?

tia

michele

michele_bianchi                                  exsense | integrated_solutions
phone://+39_348_7651874                                       via_scrimiari_45b
http://mic.aesthetica.it                                     37132_verona_italy