cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: attribute order
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2000 13:04:00 GMT
At 18:33 +0100 01/06/00, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>At 15:16 +0000 01/06/00, elaine.brennan@att.net wrote:
>>Matt said:
>>
>>> I'm pretty sure that it is part of the spec that the attributes will
>>> be in no particular order after and xsl transformations.  Does anyone
>>> have any info to the contrary?
>>>
>>Jeremy asked:

>>In fact, attributes are specifically *not* ordered -- both the XML Infoset
>>Working Draft and the Canonical XML Working Draft make this clear.
>
>But does this include namespace declarations being able to be before or
>after attributes using those namespaces?

I found a solution to this, I seems daft (to me :) but appears to work.

I realised the attributes are sorted by name, I changed the name of the
QuickTime Extensions namespace to xqt (comes after xmlns :)

Ha! QuickTime still works and the attributes too!

hope this helps someone ...

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre