cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alain Ketterlin <al...@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>
Subject Sitemaps and caching system
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:54:44 GMT

Hi all,

I'm in a situation where I have XML and XSL files, and:

- each XML file is processed with several XSL stylesheets
- each XSL stylesheet is used on several XML files

So I end up having a lot of small wrapper files to make connections
between XML files and XSL stylesheets, using either external entities
to include the data file, or even request parameters passed as element
content to the stylesheet, which then uses document(...) to load the
data.

As far as I understand, Cocoon2 should solve the n-to-m mapping,
allowing statements like "url U is file X.xml processed by xslt with
stylesheet Y.xsl". Am I right, and should I switch to Cocoon2 now (I'm
using 1.7.4 currently)?

My second problem is about performance. I have a bunch of XML->FO->PDF
transformations, which take a long time. Would it be possible to ask
Cocoon to save the pdf file somewhere, and regenerate it only if one
of the source files changed? Something like `make' for offline page
generation... Does the cache system cover such cases?

I didn't yet really look at Cocoon2, so any pointer is welcome.
Thanks in advance.

-- Alain.