cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <...@stibo.dk>
Subject RE: [OT] Looking for DTD & stylesheets for technical documentatio n
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 10:17:27 GMT
> > You may find DocBook or TEI suitable for this.
> >
> > --
> >   Thorbjørn
>
> Can you point me at a DTD and the corresponding stylesheets?
> I'm hoping
> that all I'll have to do is write my docs against the DTD,
> push a button
> and get HTML and PDF output.

DocBook in both SGML and XML variants is available from www.docbook.org.  It is a great help
to purchase the book.

TEI is available (Google is great for this) from http://users.ox.ac.uk/~rahtz/tei/

It appears that the instructions for setting up the environment is best for TEI.

You will need a XSL:FO to PDF processor.  If you work on Windows I would suggest using FOP
(same place as Cocoon).  If you work on a Unix box with TeX installed already, I would suggest
PassiveTeX since it produces very nice PDF-files, but it is a lot harder to get going than
FOP.

I have described a Linux based DocBook XML publishing pathway in my thesis at http://unixsnedkeren.dk/ravn/speciale/rapport.pdf
[2.2 Mb], which is unfortunately rather brief, but hopefully enough to get you going.

--
  Thorbjørn