cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandre Stouffs" <alexandre.stou...@oqibo.com>
Subject RE: XSP parameterized tags ?
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:09:04 GMT
> What exactly are you asking for ;-)

I am trying to have a html table where each cell has a value resulting from
a xsp tag.

Something like that:

|                   ||                   |
| <lib:funct (1,1)> || <lib:funct (2,1)> |
|                   ||                   |
|                   ||                   |
| <lib:funct (1,2)> || <lib:funct (2,2)> |
|                   ||                   |
|                   ||                   |
| <lib:funct (1,3)> || <lib:funct (2,3)> |
|                   ||                   |

I understand that this can be done by having a XSP generate HTML, or even
XML which would be translated by a XSL stylesheet.

In my humble opinion, XSL is good for translating XML files between two DTD
which are read by a machine. But in the case of presentation for humans,
using a XSL stylesheet limits what a web designer can do. I hardly imagine a
web designer that knows only Dreamweaver starting to write XSL stylesheets.
Ways of presenting information change, starting with the screen size of the
device.

Any comments, flames welcome.

Alex