cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: cache and performance
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 13:34:19 GMT
[snip]
> > About the cache: when is it used? I tested with the Cocoon standard
> > examples. The HelloWorld example is served from cache but the 'First XSP
> > Page' example is not! Why?
>
> Because it's dynamically generated and it doesn't implement any
> "hasChanged()" logic that tells the cache system whether or not the page
> should be cached.

Most of the projects we are working on are so heavily dynamic that this
would mean almost none of the pages can be fully cached!? :-(
What do you mean with page? The XML-source part not extended by XSP or what?

What are the caching strategy for the XML,XSLT,XSP,SQL parts in Cocoon1
vs. Cocoon2?!
--
Torsten