cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Using <response:url-encode> ...
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 21:15:18 GMT
On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Uli Mayring wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, sudhi wrote:
>
> > <xsl:value-of select="java:java.net.URLEncoder.encode($url)"/>
>
> *Lightbulb* - could that be a way to do Java without getting your XML
> compiled (as with XSP)?

uh, sure, yeah, xalan extension functions let you do that and then
some. personally, i like doing my content generation logic in XSP, while I
use xalan extension functions for massaging the results a little (maybe
some date formatting, maybe some string manip, maybe some
urlencoding). but there are those who like to do content generation in
their stylesheets. i'm curious to see how that's going to pan out in the
long run. might be a good fit for you.

- donald