cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Error: XIncludeProcessor using HTTPRequests
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:08:24 GMT
On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> using the following include processing instructing results in a
> NullPointerException from the XIncludeProcssor:
>
> <xinclude:include parse="xml"
> href="http://www.mtnartinst.com/inst/Category.xml?parentID=13&amp;categoryID
> =13"/>
>
> Using local filenames works fine.
> I am working with the latest cvs version of Cocoon/XInclude, Tomcat 3.1,
> Apache 1.3.12, JDK 1.3, Windows NT 4.
>
> The XIncludeProcessorWorker class throws in line 233 the following
> exception:
>
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
> 	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
> 	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:312)
> 	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:125)
> 	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:112)
> 	at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:273)
> 	at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:100)
> 	at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:50)
> 	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:331)
> 	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:517)
> 	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.(HttpClient.java:267)
> 	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.(HttpClient.java:277)
> 	at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:289)
> 	at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:3
> 79)
> 	at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection
> .java:472)
> 	at java.net.URLConnection.getContent(URLConnection.java:558)
> 	at java.net.URL.getContent(URL.java:812)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.processor.xinclude.XIncludeProcessor$XIncludeProcessorWork
> er.processXIncludeElement(XIncludeProcessor.java:233)

Geez. URLConnection.getContent is failing - what can I do about
that? Well, one sanity check - try logging the URL to System.err or
through jdb and make sure that the XInclude processor is trying to hit the
proper URL. If it is (and I'm pretty sure it is) then I don't know what to
tell you - maybe your web server is refusing requests from the JVM
User-Agent, maybe... uh... I can't think of anything else. you might try
writing a little standalone java class to hit that URL and see if it
works.

- donald