cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Dynamic XML generation
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 09:19:32 GMT
At 17:05 +0200 19/07/00, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
>Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>
>> I am assuming (I never used session before) that it would be possible for
>> both of our taglibs to only create a new session if one did not already
>> exist, and then to keep "personal" values in there, like FP puts things
>> like fp-action="blah" into parent tags, hoping that the user of the tagset,
>> or another tagset is not going to use the same name.
>>
>> FP would make session objects (eg. Hashtable) named "fp.vars" or something,
>> you use your naming scheme. We each prefix by the name of our own tagset
>> and Bob's yer uncle, no trampling.
>
>Well, suppose I create a session, because the user successfully
>authenticated. I put some values in it, then your fp taglib puts some
>more stuff in it. Then the user leaves the confidential area and I kill
>the session and your values are gone.

So instead of invalidating the whole session, just remove your stuff from it
(just keep your hands of my values, right? :)

[snip]

>I think cooperation can only work, if it is 100% clear who creates and
>kills sessions. This calls for a seperate taglib that does just that.

I think that if you put:

	<xsp:page create-session="true">

		<your_stuff/>

	</xsp:page>

A session is only created if one did not exist already.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre