cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ilya A. Kriveshko" <i...@infoinsomniax.com>
Subject Re: Plz, tell how to get 1.8dev version (how to use cvs)?
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2000 23:21:50 GMT
Howdy,

Instructions below.

Tagunov Anthony wrote:

> Hello, guys! We here like cocoon very much, all deadlines (for minor porjects luckely)
are approaching, pleeeze
> HOW DO I GET LATEST VERSION OF COCOON 1.8 ?
>
> Tagunov Anthony
> NNT Telecom Russia
> (http://www.mavicanet.com)

You have to have a CVS client. Look for instructions on how
to access Apache's CVS in this file:
http://dev.apache.org/anoncvs.txt

Here is a brief cocoon-specific summary (using sh or bash):

# export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@xml.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
# cvs login
(Logging in to anoncvs@xml.apache.org)
CVS password:     <---- Type in "anoncvs" at the prompt
# cd /home/yourname
# cvs checkout xml-cocoon
(lots of output)
# cvs logout
(Logging out of anoncvs@xml.apache.org)

Please, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Cocoon2
development is dome on "xml-cocoon2" branch, so the
trunk should contain the latest Cocoon1 snapshot. That said,
if you will get the trunk of the Cocoon1 source tree if you
don't specify -r parameter for cvs checkout.

Good luck.
---
Ilya