cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: Aha! got it! 64k limit(was: new version of the sql logicsheetunder development)
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2000 13:34:51 GMT
> > > Only XSP that used DOM directly (AND WE TOLD YOU NOT TO DO IT!) will
be
> > > hard to port, anything else will be piece of cake.
> >
> > Oh, oh! Nobody told _me_! Our JavaBeans produce DOM elements
> > and we insert them via XSP! So this is no longer possible in
> > Cocoon2??
>
> No, that's different.
>
> What I mean is to play around with the internal DOM objects from inside
> the xsp:logic sections. This is -not- goint to be portable because there
> will be no more DOM object to play with since C2 uses SAX internally.
>
> Hope this is clear enough.

Well, in our clean page example based site we do:

 <xsl:template match="selection">
  <xsl:copy>
   <xsl:copy-of select="*|@*"/>
   <xsp:logic>
    {
    myBean q = new myBean();
    q.get();
    xspCurrentNode.appendChild(q.toXML(document));
    }
   </xsp:logic>
  </xsl:copy>
 </xsl:template>

So in C2 there is no xspCurrentNode since is SAX based, right?!
Can you think of a way of porting this functionality? Donald
wrote something about a DOM2SAX converter...
--
Torsten