cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Aha! got it! 64k limit(was: new version of the sql logicsheetunder development)
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2000 11:40:12 GMT
At 00:25 +0200 02/09/00, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>
>> > Only XSP that used DOM directly (AND WE TOLD YOU NOT TO DO IT!) will be
>> > hard to port, anything else will be piece of cake.
>>
>> Oh, oh! Nobody told _me_! Our JavaBeans produce DOM elements
>> and we insert them via XSP! So this is no longer possible in
>> Cocoon2??
>
>No, that's different.
>
>What I mean is to play around with the internal DOM objects from inside
>the xsp:logic sections. This is -not- goint to be portable because there
>will be no more DOM object to play with since C2 uses SAX internally.
>
>Hope this is clear enough.

OK, as an example, at the moment FP TagLib adds Attributes to the parent
Element of the FP Tag (to report action/failure). This behaviour will not
be possible under Cocoon 2, correct?

The Element that the TagLib hands back to XSP however, will be handled.
Is this right?

Thanks

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design