cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Antonios Peris" <ape...@largemedium.com>
Subject Formatter problem (regarding languages and text/xml)
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2000 23:00:54 GMT
Hey there !

It seems that I have not understood how to use the formatter funcitonality
in cocoon. I have tried to make my own formatter and use it in some xml
files without any success at all.
In the cocoon.properties file I specify the new formatter:
formatter.type.text/test    = org.apache.cocoon.formatter.HTMLFormatter
and then I configure it:
formatter.text/test.doctype-public = -//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN
formatter.text/test.MIME-type = text/ru;charset=UTF-8
.... and so on.

In the .xml files I then specify
<?cocoon-format type="text/test"?>
<?cocoon MIME-type="text/test"?>
So what I'm I doing  wrong.??

The idea behind this is that I want to internationalze the XML documents nad
the problem has been wtih the russian language. I have made it work but then
I damaged the italian language and so on.
Is there any change that Coccon can handle mutiple encodings? (Without using
XSP!)
And why is the text/xml formatter not better documented in cocoon.properties
compared to text/html. That is: what .doctype-public and .doctype-system
tags should I use for the text/xml?

I need some help to figure this out.
Thanks!

Antonios Peris