cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Arnaud Vandyck" <arn...@ressource-toi.org>
Subject Re: including xml
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:00:54 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel Jimenez" <jjjimenez@yahoo.com>
Subject: including xml

> Is there any way to include a XML file into another XML file?
> I'm trying to include it by using the
>
> <util:include-uri href="http://localhost/page.xml"/>
>
> but what I get is the following included text:
>
> {http://localhost/page.xml: www.w3.org}
>
> Do you have any suggestion or ideas?

Reading the FAQ, it seems to be right to call a servlet or a CGI that return
XML code
(http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-servletchaining) but maybe
Cocoon parses
your page.xml and return something else that an xml page (html?). I did have
a problem
with an applet reading an xml file on the server to configure but Cocoon
parses the file,
so the applet couldn't read the "xml" file. (My hack was to change the .xml
in .txml but it's
not very beautiful and not recommanded! Note that the problem was with
iExplorer on
Windows NT, but not with Netscape on Linux! :)

--
Arnaud