cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mercier Xavier <Xavier.Merc...@start.de>
Subject RE: Can't access the Cocoon.xml page via Netscape
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:19:19 GMT
I have finally found a solution myself! It seems it was a proxy problem,
independant from Cocoon.

So, here is how I treated it:

If Cocoon is installed locally, go to Edit/Preferences/Proxies in the
Netscape menu and select "Direct connection to the internet". Of course, if
you do use proxies in reality, you'll only access to your local URLs and
Cocoon this way.

If you use proxies and are lucky enough to get an automatic proxy
configuration, go to Edit/Preferences/Proxies in the Netscape menu and
select "Automatic proxy configuration" and type the URL of your
configuration location. This one was given to me by my administrator. Like
that, I can even access to any standard URL (including, of course, the
virtual Cocoon.xml) and my favorite web sites!

Now, it works just fine :))

Xavier