cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steffen Stundzig <stef...@smb-tec.com>
Subject SchemoX (was: MVC, Struts and Cocoon)
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 14:26:22 GMT
Hi,

we are working on a project named 'SchemoX'. It's completely Open Source under a Apache style
license.

Overview:
  SchemoX is a 100% pure Java Framework that allows to generate input forms for XML data extracted
from the underlying data structures. These forms will be embedded in complex web and non-web
applications. The name SchemoX is a composition of _Sche_ma For_m_s f_o_r _X_ML.

On of the main goals of SchemoX is to encapsulate general form actions in a framework.
We use the information from XMLSchema definitions to create an abstract form. This abstract
form can
be rendered to e.g. XHTML. General functionalities such as createForm or validateUserInput
are processed by the Framework classes.

For web based user interactions we are using Cocoon to transmit these forms. Other user interfaces

such as Java Swing based are also supported by a pluggable output renderer interface.

More information such as a proposal and some code samples can be found on
http://www.infozone-group.org/projects_main.html/

It's work in progress and all comments, criticism and hints are always welcome.
Contributers are welcome, as well. ;-)

Best regards,
	Steffen...

Steffen Stundzig                            mailto:steffen@smb-tec.com