cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bas Passon <BPas...@parite.nl>
Subject RE: xsp: excuting methods automatically
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:01:52 GMT

> Van: Robin Green [mailto:greenrd@hotmail.com]
> Onderwerp: Re: xsp: excuting methods automatically
>

> Bas Passon <BPasson@parite.nl> wrote:
>
> >I'm programmig a bit in xsp and was wondering how i can
> executer methods as
> >a form of initialization. Thus without a reference in an source page.
>
> There is a new entry on the website FAQ which may help you
>
> http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html
>
> It is about executing initialisation code only once in an XSP
> page. It still
> requires a reference in the source page, but it's more efficient.
>
> If that is not what you want, where do you want to put the reference?

What i would like is that in de XSPPage object there is a method calles
public void initialize() which we can override the xsp-sheets within
the logic blocks. I know this is simple to implement by ajusting
XSPPage.java
but. It's probably something you'd want in the release version.

One of the tasks such a function could do is retrieve standard objects from
session and servletContext before processing of the rest op the pages
starts.
You don't wan't to have to put this in the top of the page by adding an
initialization tag.

Bas Passon