cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@dresdnerbank.de>
Subject Re: draft final version of the esql namespace
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 07:31:55 GMT
Hi Donald,

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Donald Ball wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, David Halsted wrote:
>
> > Also (I hope I haven't missed an earlier part of the discussion, or
> > something that's in the proposal) what about connection pooling?  I don't
> > see immediately how this will handle that?
>
> replace <esql:driver>, et. al. with <esql:pool> to select a connection
> pool by name from whatever mechanism is provided by the esql processor.
> that doesn't really affect the structure of the namespace, which is why i
> omitted it here for simplicity.

	How would we like the pool to be configured (min/max/grow size, host,
	driver, etc). Where should all this be defined.

	For the Cocoon 1 folks I presume cocoon.properties is the obvious
	choice. For Cocoon 2 however, where do you think (cocoon.xconf, sitemap
	?) is best.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750