cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Amit Kaushik <smartkaus...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Same problem again..
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 10:06:04 GMT
hi guys
We r in the same problem again.For our content
management we are storing all stories as xml files a
database text column.

We are using cocoon for rendering xml documents to
HTML.

According to our original thoughts we were thinking
that using XSP tags in a temporary xml file could pull
the particular well formed and valid xml document from
the database column and after that cocoon would render
it using the supplied xsl transformation rules.

We r using esql taglib to connect to our database it's
working fine and giving me the right result.Since we
have a well formed XML file in the databse we want
that after fetching the XML text from database it will
automatically be rendered by cocoon and display
results according to the related XSL file.

In a simple way we want two process at the same time
like first cocoon fetch the well formed XML file from
the database and since this files has a reference to
the related XSL cocoon should render it again
according to that XSL file at the same time and show
us the formatted result.

However things didnt quite happen the way we predicted
as cocoon escapes all the tag elements from that XML
file.

Could u please provide me with some solution to this
problem.If u have some example regarding this then
would be a great help.

Thanx
Amit Kaushik