cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: building error in cocoon
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 04:33:22 GMT
jignesh shah wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I try to build cocoon using sh build.sh it gives
> me the following error,
> ______
> ERROR: JAVA_HOME not found in your environment.
>
> Please, set the JAVA_HOME variable in your environment
> to match the
> location of the Java Virtual Machine you want to use.
>  _____
>
> what does that error mean???

considering that you are using build.sh, I am assuming you
are running UNIX.  Many Unix operating systems and Windows
systems can have multiple Java Runtime Environments installed
(JDK 1.1, JDK 1.2, JDK 1.3, etc.).  A common standard (and
holdover from JDK 1.1) is to specify an environment variable
called JAVA_HOME to point to the root of the desired JDK.

If the JDK is installed at /usr/java12/, then add this to
your .profile:

JAVA_HOME=/usr/java12;export JAVA_HOME

This is the directory that is above where the java binary
is (in the example, /usr/java12/bin/java).