cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ross Burton <ross.bur...@mail.com>
Subject Re: dynamic image creation for navbar
Date Sat, 23 Dec 2000 13:15:53 GMT
> :-) The Cocoon site doesn't run Cocoon, it is statically generated offline
> by Stylebook (which will be obsoleted by Cocoon 2).

That feature of Stylebook is the one thing for which there is no
sensible alternative in Cocoon 2.  In Stylebook it was possible to call
a XSLT template which would end up creating a file on disk. However,
this is "push" generation and C2 is more "pull".  I experimented with an
XSP page to do the same thing (transforming some text into a SVG image
which was rendered) but it was not as clean as the Stylebook equivilent.

Ross Burton