cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kazuhiro Sakai <ksa...@brijapan.com>
Subject Re: I can't display Japanese rightly
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:23:06 GMT
Hi.

My cocoon works fine with Shift JIS encoding. I'm using the Cocoon 1.8
release, Tomcat 3.1, JDK1.1.8 on FreeBSD 4.1.

I have added new formatter 'text/html/loose/jp' instead of changing the
default encoding of 'text/html(/loose),' then forced to call this formatter
from every xml file by adding <?cocoon-format type="text/html/loose/jp"?>.

If you are using XSP, I guess you need an encoding attribute in <xsp:page> tag.
For example:
<xsp:page language="java" encoding="Shift_JIS"
xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core">

BRI Inc.
System Administrator
Kazuhiro Sakai