cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: dynamic image creation for navbar
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2000 14:41:51 GMT
leri@pobox.com (damien leri) wrote:
>any recommendations for where to manage the creation of navbar images? i
>don't want to put the java code in an xsp for fear of a recompile

XSP code doesn't recompile unless you change the source.

>or even a recreation of images that don't require updating; ie the navbar
>doesn't change much?

See http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/caching.html which shows how you can cache
the results of XSP pages.

However this only applies to Cocoon 1.8.1-dev in CVS, not Cocoon 1.8

>i wonder how the cocoon site handles this.

:-) The Cocoon site doesn't run Cocoon, it is statically generated offline
by Stylebook (which will be obsoleted by Cocoon 2).

>could use a separate java utility program to make the images when they need
>to be updated (say, when the color scheme grows mundane)... but i thought
>maybe cocoon has something im missing.

It depends. Personally I would go for the Java utility.