cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Transforming HTML to PDF with FO
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 11:00:19 GMT
Ludovic Maitre <Ludovic.Maitre@sophia.inria.fr> wrote:
>I try to apply a FO stylesheet to "basic" html files (with a HTML
>Doctype and a HTML structure validated by Tidy/who is conformant to W3C
>recommandation) in the idea to provide to my users clean and printer
>friendly docs.

Cocoon DOESN'T SUPPORT THIS, unless the html file is valid XHTML. Cocoon is
an XML processor, not a general purpose HTML processor.

>But for the moment i couldn't include the HTML docs, either with XSP
>(getfilecontent)

getfilecontent is for non-xml files only. You should use util:include-file
instead. Or just put processing instructions in the xml files directly.

>or Xinclude. It appears that the HTML is parse before
>included in the document and the <> are escaped and finally that the
>structure of the document couldn't be use by my stylesheet.

That's because it was treated as non-XML content.