cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Anthony.Ettin...@mPower.com
Subject symbolic links and included xml files...
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2000 03:01:10 GMT
I'm having a problem with symbolically linked files that have included
files within them. Basically, they are pulling the included file from the
original directory, not the linked directory (even though the include
reference is a relative path).

Here's the detailed situation....

consider the following directory structure:

        dir1/subdir1/file1.xsp
        dir1/nav.xsp

        dir2/subdir2/file1.xsp   ("file1.xsp" is a symbolic link to the
one in "/dir1/subdir1")  file1.xsp -> ../../dir1/subdir1/file1.xsp
        dir2/nav.xsp      (this is a different file from dir1/nav.xsp)

file1.xsp contains an included xsp file:

                        <util:include-file name="../nav.xsp"/>   <== a relative directory
reference

When I process the symbolically linked file "dir2/subdir2/file1.xsp", it
pulls the nav.xsp from dir1, not dir2 (even though the reference to the
included nav.xsp in file1.xsp is relative).

Shouldn't the "/dir2/subdir2/file1.xsp" file be referencing the
"/dir2/nav.xsp" file, not the "/dir1/nav.xsp" file??

I'm basically trying to avoid duplicating "file1.xsp", while  maintaining
a unique included-file "nav.xsp".

I've tried this with static html, and the reference works correctly with
symbolic links. It seems to be arising only with the xsp files processed
by cocoon.
Any insight, or resolution on how to accomplish this would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,

Anthony Ettinger
Sr. Web Developer