cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Dixon <bea...@arches.uga.edu>
Subject Cocoon, ESQL, Oracle
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 16:46:40 GMT

Hi all,

I've got another slight problem. Recently we moved our oracle database
from internal address 10.1.1.13 to 10.1.1.22. I thought fixing my XSP/ESQL
pages would be a breeze, I'd just change the line:

<esql:dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.1.1.13:1521:dvlp</esql:dburl>

to something like:

<esql:dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.1.1.22:1521:dvlp</esql:dburl>

Using the 10.1.1.22 address as above, I can connect to Oracle easily via
regular java code that looks something like this:

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection
("jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.1.1.22:1521:dvlp", "xml", "socrates");

When we switched oracle over nothing changed but address. dvlp and the
port numbers stayed the same. So I figured the problem had something to do
cocoon caching the servlet in some way so I restarted apache... didn't
work. So I deleted the servlet source from my repository... didn't work.
To make a long story short, I ended up turning off caching in cocoon,
deleting the source from repository, restarting apache, touching the XSP
source and still nothing, I still get a "Network Adapter could not connect
to database" type error. So I looked through the caching docs on the
webpage but didn't see anything I thought was applicable since it appears
from those docs that XSP is not cached unless explicitly told to cache (in
my case I'm not using <util:cacheable>). So I'd appreciate any insight
into this, seems to me its an odd problem and must have a simple solution.

Regards,
Ben