cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Dixon <bea...@arches.uga.edu>
Subject xsl:copy and xsl:copy-of
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:51:18 GMT

Hi all,

I've been working along on my search and have run into another pothole...
this time with stylesheets and xsl:copy-of. I have the following code:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<template match="/">
   <xsl:copy>
   <xsl:copy-of select="node()|@*"/>
   <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </xsl:copy>
</template>

which I thought would copy whatever XML came in to the output... but when
I try it, I get a cocoon error that says:

xsl:copy-of not allowed inside a stylesheet!

Why is this? Am I not using copy and copy-of correctly? All the examples
I've seen show it used in this way within a template so whats the deal?
(Looked through the archives and found nothing relevant)

Any help is appreciated,

Ben